IELTS Writing Task 1 General Training
In Writing Task 1 General Training Module
- You have about 20 minutes
- You must write a letter of at least 150 words
- You are given a problem and you must write a letter explaining a situation and/or requesting information or action. You may also have to talk about your needs, wants, like, dislikes and/or to give opinions.
Points to Apply in Task 1, Letter Writing
- The topics of the questions will be of general interest, and no specialist knowledge is required. For example, topics can include travel, accommodation, current affairs, shops and services, health and welfare, health and safety, recreation, social and physical environment.
- You must write in complete sentences. Notes are not acceptable.
- Do not copy whole sentences or long phrases from the question. The examiner will recognize them, and they will not count towards the minimum number of words you must write.
- You may write on the question sheet if, for example, you want to underline key words or to write notes. The examiner who marks your writing will not see the question sheet.
IELTS general writing task 1 tips and lessons:
IELTS Sample Letters for Writing Task 1 General
- IELTS sample letter 1
- IELTS sample letter 2
- IELTS sample letter 3
- IELTS sample letter 4
- IELTS sample letter 5
- IELTS sample letter 6
- IELTS sample letter 7